Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Memories In Hong Kong

The name "Hong Kong", literally meaning "fragrant harbour", is derived from the area around present-day Aberdeen and Wong Chuk Hang on Hong Kong Island, where fragrant trees were once abundant and widely exported.

Hmmm. When I was there I hardly found any fragrant trees along the harbour...the parks maybe.

Hong Kong. How can I forget. I first country I ever put my feet on to. It will forever be in my heart.
I love the country. I can live there. I pray that one day I will.
Here I am waiting for my flight back home amidst the photoshoptouched orchids, hehehe (they're supposedly white).
Anyway, I found myself at home in Hong Kong, (maybe because of my Chinese ancestry). I love the fast paced life, every morning I saw people hurrying up to catch the train, never walking, always almost running.
The food, oh the food, how can I forget. I love eating those dimsums along the Night Market to my heart's desire.
I love the parks, I love the old places...the Giant Buddha atop a mountain, the Sea Lions and the Giant Aquarium at Ocean Park, and the cuddly pandas.
I love the bus rides, I like the trip to the Kowloon side to watch the dancing lights at night at the other side, of the bay..
Went to Victoria's Peak and viewed the whole island amidst the cold cold wind.
Then there was the visit to Disneyland where I relived my childhood.
I want to go back to Hong Kong. I kinda miss Hong Kong. Come to think of it, I missed the person who brought me there...Fil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home