Saturday, October 14, 2006

Playa De Caleta (Island Cove) II

Playa De Caleta, a place where serenity and peace can be found. Here I am in my tent, just woke up from a deep slumber.

During the day trekking among the rocks is an adventure, amidst the raging waves. Walking along the fine sand barefooted feels like heaven. Diving into the crystal blue water feels like you are reborn. Playing with hermit crabs and starfishes was so neat, and I tried to collect some beautiful shells.

There were funny moments too, like how we were caught in a big wave and find ourselves tumbling in the water. The baby jellyfishes that give their itsy bitsy stings. The seaweed that one friend took fancy with and wore it like a wig.

In the evening I meditated for a while under the full moon before I went to sleep, I sat on rock by the shore and stared into the sea.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and emptied my mind. For a few minutes I did this, not allowing my thoughts to wonder. Then at my command, all thoughts came back, but this time with clarity, with a sense of direction and encouragement. The sound of the splashing waves will lull you to sleep and the gentle night breeze will wrap you with a renewed feeling.That is why my sleep that night is peaceful. That is why there's that big smile in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home