Monday, January 15, 2007

What God Wants

I know God listens, I know He understands.
I know He knows what's inside our minds
and not to mention our hearts.

I know God is there watching our every move.
Every decision we make, He guides us.
But still we always insist on what WE want.
Whatever makes us feel content.
Satisfied, happy, ecstatic and joyful.

But have we thought about what HE wants for us?

I heard from a lecturer that my bestfriend and I attended last week.
It is about praying to God for guidance and a sign.
Give it time. Give God a timetable on what we want to happen in our lives.
A day, a week, three weeks, a month, two months, six months, a full year.

And He will give you the answer. Not audibly, but through subtle signs.
In dreams, through a friend, through a situation. Or an opportunity, or a choice.
And we should be sensitive enough to see or hear or feel if the prayers we invoke God is
really meant for us. If it doesn't happen, it's not going to happen. It is not for us. He has a better plan for us and we just have to wait.

They say God answers in "Yes, No, and Wait" and we sometimes need to be patient and faithful.

I am sharing this because a friend is in the middle of a lot of decision making, praying and heart matters. It is through prayers that he can only get the peace of mind and heart. But I know him, he will ask for what he wants, and I hope he would pray for what God wants for him and be accepting. If it is meant to be, it is meant to be, if it is not, then there is a better opportunity.

I do hope whatever happens, he would be strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home