Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My Sisters and I

I arrived home late afternoon yesterday and found my sister Ana (who came home from Singapore for the New Year) rummaging on some photos on the floor. I asked her what she's doing and told me she is compiling loose photos and re-compiling the old ones into some newly bought photo albums.

I said that's nice.

I went up to my room and change into my workout gear started working out near her.
As went through my workout we had a conversation about the photos she is compiling. She showed me some old photos of my parents when they were still in their teens, before and after the wedding, my baby photos, our other siblings' photos too. We had some laugh at how we look back then. We reminisced about the old times that had gone by. The family outings, the family reunions, gatherings and birthday parties.

We reminisced about the times when our father was still alive, how we miss him so much today and if only time can be turned back. We got teary eyed as we remember our father. Especially her because she's the papa's girl. How she wished she was at home that night he died so she could stop him from going out.

I changed the topic by picking up a picture of the three of us, Me, her and my brother, when it was just the three of us then (cause we are five siblings). I explained that one afternoon our mother just dressed us three up and have us posed under the afternoon sun and asked us to smile, if you could imagine that. I told her mom was just trying to use up all the remaining negatives of the camera. We laugh again because we were all chinky-eyed and she was crying.

I finished my workout eventually and she's still not halfway in what she's doing cause I realized there were tons of photos already around her. I never imagine we had that many photos. I kidded that in case the house burn, we only have to save ourselves and those photos because all the rest of the household items can be replaced BUT not those photos.

Then my youngest sibling arrived from work, I fondly call here Sweet, she also found Ana on the floor still compiling some photos and she immediately joined in the conversation. She picked a photo of her when she was just a kid and teased herself that she looked like Ana's eldest daughter Colyne. Like what Ana and I did, she reminisced also of the times gone by.

We shared something last night, a bond between siblings, that nothing can ever replace. The moment though passed us by quickly, will last throughout our lives. The echos of that moment will live on, even when we are all old and grey. How I miss them so.

Before we knew it, it was already time for dinner. Ana still continued.
And before I knew it, it was time for sleep, it was already 11:00 PM. My sister Sweet already settled on the sofa. Ana is still with her photos. I said goodnight.

I woke up at 5:30 AM today and to my surprise Ana is still awake and STILL compiling the photos. She worked throughout the night. I aksed her to stop and have some sleep.

I arrived work at 6:45 AM, I called my mother at about 7:30 and asked if she's already asleep.
She is.

I had fun with my sisters yesterday. It was very nice having to spend some time with them, as Ana will leave for Singapore again on Saturday and will miss her again.

My sisters and I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home