Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Songs That Touches Your Heart

We often associate things, feelings and memories with something to remember them by. Say for example, they say that the sense of smell is the most sensitive means to remember. A scent could bring back even the most hidden memory or feeling inside us. For some, its a memorabilia, a toy from childhood, a once worn shirt, a ticket to a concert, a napkin from a fabulous dinner or a piece of paper.
I do the same thing, but with a song.

I can recall my most early memory because of a song, everytime I hear it, it brings me back to my childhood, when I was 4. The Brahms Lullaby makes me remember a certain memory of me sitting on my mother's lap while she hums the melody as she try to make me fall asleep.

A Whole New World, from the cartoon movie Aladdin, makes me remember my father (as with other songs I associated with him) because this song my youngest sister and I sing in a duet while we were all riding in our car going to our grandmother's place. My father would often sing with us though he doesn't know much of the lyrics.

Another song from the musical The Trump, He's Got To Be Someone, well this one is a tear jerker for me. It reminds me so of my father too, when he passed away in 1999, I was devastated because it was so sudden and everyone was caught unaware. This song made me feel how great a father he is, despite our differences and constant arguements. The song made him immortal in my heart. An excerpt,

You don't know him
Like I know him
He must be allowed to stand proud
If you shamed this man or make him crawl
He'd be no man at all, no man at all

But he's got to be someone
Who wakes every morning
And takes all the world for a whim
Who touches your hand and
Makes you fall for only him...

Well, there's so many songs we often associate with heartbreaks, one particular song that makes me remember is I Love You, Goodbye by Celine Dion.

Wish I could be the one
The one who could give you love
The kind of love you really need
Wish I could say to you
That all I really want was you
But baby that's not me...

And also, Angela Bofil's This Time I'll Be Sweeter,

Darling can't you see
What's loosing you has done to me
I'm not the same (girl) I used to be
Have a change of heart
Don't leave me standing in the dark
Don't let confusion takes us apart...

Or Regine Velasquez's You've Made Me Stronger, that helped me make it through the pain.

You've made me stronger
By breaking my heart
You've ended my life
And made a better one start...

Oh well, some heartbreak, eh? When in love, when I fell in love, I dedicated this song to him, it's by Martin Nievera, You Are My Song...You are my song, playing so softly in my heart...la la la...

And a lot more.

Let me end this with a thought that our feelings, memories and people we love will always be in our hearts, we may forget about them, but they're there, so let music make you remember and savor the memory once again. Like what ABBA sang decades ago...Thank You For The Music

Thank you for the music
The songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it
I ask in all honesty
What would life be
Without the song and dance
What I'd be?
So I say thank you the music
For bringing it to me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home