Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Realization

I was lying on my bed last night trying to fall asleep, but sleep was elusive. I played with my ever reliable NANO for a while as Celine Dion tries to lull me to sleep, to no avail. So I decided to meditate on certain things.

My life, how's it been, the last few years. Well, it has been a roller coaster ride.
Ups and downs, the usual. Some heartache, disappointments, new experiences, new people and friends.

Gained insight on who I really am, I came out to the world. Been to hell and back.
I talked with my bestfriend and he told me that not too long ago we were just talking about what our future might be. We dream of having our own car, house, electronic gadgets and travel. What a nice dream indeed. We never really noticed until we talked about it. We just HAD these dreams. It came true.

He left for Korea then to work, when we both were applying still for jobs abroad. I can't seem to hit the jackpot, while he breezes his way into interviews. I was so devastated then and tried my luck on the local business scenario. But he told me, my time will come and I just have to be patient.

So years had gone by, patience had been a good friend of mine. I worked locally and bide my time. Gained as much experience and knowledge as I can. Then one day, the opportunity that was so elusive just came knocking at my door. I didn't even look for it!

Patience and perseverance really pays. WE all have an opportunity that is solely ours. It will come on the right time and the right moment. I remember from the book THE ALCHEMIST by Paulo Coehlo, when one dreams or wishes, all the cosmic powers, fate and chance will work together for one's dream to come true. He just have to read the signs, follow the right path and be patient.

I thought it will never come, but I was wrong. I wished for it. It happens. God is good. I know I am good. This is good.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man, u r indeed blessed!

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, carlo. your entry made me want to dream again! i sort of gave up on dreaming because i believe in concentrating on the now. be focused with the present in order to pave the way to something great. somehow, it has worked for me because i am not bound with what i need to do. instead, i enjoy the adventure as to what will unfold everytime i do something.

more power! lets exchange links...

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home