Monday, October 16, 2006

My Hong Kong Disneyland Trip

When I was a child, about 5 or 6 years old. I saw my first Disney Movie, it was Snow White and The Seven Dwarves. I was so happy that day, I can still remember, it was just me and my Papa. One of those mostalgic moments that I love to recall. After a few years, he bought a set of encyclopedia called The Wonderful World of Knowledge, where inside you'll find lovable Disney characters incorporated within the pages of the volumes. I had a blast reading them everyday. I was hooked then to Disney. I watched all the cartoons, the full length movies, I fell in love with Cinderella, I learned to be me with Mulan, I was encouraged by Hercules, I was inspired by The Little Mermaid. Beauty and the Beast made me look inside myself for my inner beauty. Aladdin took me to many adventures.

It was a long time dream and wish to come to Disneyland. Back then it was just the Florida and the LA Disneyland. But it was an impossibility as we are not well off enough. Until today, when Disney opened in Hong Kong, I am so excited, not only it is within reach, the means to go to Hong Kong from the Philippines is not that expensive. (Thanks to someone.) It was a dream made real. It was a wish come true. I had a fabulous time. I was a child again. I remembered my Papa and I imagined him with me that day, him and I, me as a 5 year old kid, he holding my hand and we stroll along the Main Street, at which at the end is Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I was so happy. I had some tears in my eyes. Then I met my childhood friends, Mickey, Donald, Pluto, Goofy and the rest of the gang. My heart keeps on skipping a beat, I am breathless. Sometimes it is good to be a child again; to feel like a child again. No worries, no pain, no problems, no sadness. Just play, just happiness, just pure joy. But like all dreams, it had to end. Nevertheless, the memories, like the ones captured in these pictures will remain, forever, in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home