Thursday, December 21, 2006

Of Love and Blindness

What do you feel when you are in love? Deeply in love?
What can you do?
Up to what extent of your human capacity will you go through just to run after the one you love?

What sacrifices will you do? What risks will you take?
Is this noble? Or is it stupidity?

I fell in love, it was the greatest thing I ever felt. I am happy. I felt safe. Loneliness was never a friend of mine. I did some sacrifices, I took some risks. I am head over heels. But up to a certain point.
When the relationship was over. I was devastated, I was alone.
But up to a certain point.
I move on.
What if you fell in love deeply with another person, but with a twist, the other person does not love you back? You just assume you are loved back.

And.

You are the only one who is willing to take all the risks and all the sacrifices.
You are the only one who seemed to be head over heels.

You are the only one who believed you are both in love.
And the object of your affection is just playing along.

Have you ever thought of what he is thinking of?
What does he see when he looks at you?
Does he feel privileged? Does he feel special? Or is he irritated? Or you are just feeding his ego?

And you are willing to go through it all knowing it is a one way street?

Is this noble? Is it blindness?
It hurts to know that there are people who are like this.
It doesn't matter whether their pride is under six feet of heavy soil of blindness.
Or they threw away all their principles, beliefs, ego and love of self in the wind, never to look for it again, just to be loved, or even catch a glimpse of pity.

Pitiful love. Being loved because of pity.

It doesn't matter whether their sense of being is overshadowed by that illusion that the love they are experiencing was real.

It doesn't matter that you accept and undergo all the disappointments, hurts, being used, abused, thrown like a rag, disregarded and ignored.
You cry. Then what? You go through it all again. For what? For love?


Is this real love? Is this blindness? Is this stupidity?
I want to know, because I want to understand.

Because I don't understand. I do not understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home