Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ode To Mango Ice Cream

No other ice cream flavor really had caught my fancy ever since I was a kid way back when. When my father brought home one day a gallon size container it was the first ice cream flavor I tasted and the rich, creamy, tangy and sweet flavor of mango traumatized my young taste buds that it recalls the same feeling every time I have some.

Mango Ice Cream had been part of my life. Many celebrated events in the course of my existence had come and always Mango Ice Cream was present.

My 7th birthday.

My First Communion

My Boy Scout Investitute Ceremony

My Elementary Graduation

My High School Graduation

My College Years

During my birthday

And whenever I fancy something cold and creamy.

Current beau’s anniversary.

Not to mention my parent’s anniversary and whenever I have a say on what flavor of ice cream to buy at my siblings, nephew’s, nieces’, in-laws’ birthdays too.

Mango Ice Cream, any brand will do.

There are break-ups and reconciliations over mango ice cream, love blooms also over mango ice cream. I heard and listened to a lot of stories about life and heartaches from friends and acquaintances while eating this flavorful dessert.

During summer whenever I went on vacation at my cousin’s Mango Ice Cream was also present.

Whenever I am not in the mood, or if I am in the mood.

Whenever I am lonely, or I am happy.


During my father’s wake when he passed away, and to make me remember him by, Mango Ice Cream.

Mango Ice Cream…I think I’ll have some today. My mouth waters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home