Monday, February 05, 2007

Hey Mr. DJ Put The Record On

I always loved Madonna's music and who hasn't? Since the early eighties until the millienium, she stood strong and going. Her music still catches attention and fans all over the world. I have had my fair share of collection and I never fail to listen to them, even once in a while.

One dance tune "Music" though I like listening to it, had somehow got more meaning into it. Not only because of its catchy beat and nice lyrics but because of an experience that I will never, ever, ever forget.


"Hey, Mr. DJ, put the record on I wanna dance with my baby..." The first line goes. I met a long time crush in person in a disco bar, he was, you got it, a DJ. No names, I'd like to preserve the memory in my mind, for as long as I can. Forever that is.

You know how it feels like when you have a crush? You get shy, quiet, and you blush. I bet I blushed when we were introduced, but the disco bar was dark and the only light were coming from some spotlight reflected on the mirror ball, and the loud music made us talk to each other's ear. (You can't imagine how my heart beats twice as fast everytime I had to talk to his ear).


A lady friend introduced us unintentionally, and I had to check my pulse every now and then, I can't seemed to breathe, my head is reeling. We talked for a bit and then he asked me to dance. Our lady friend left us when I whispered to her that the guy was my ultimate crush. She laughed and said, "well, good luck!"


We danced the whole night, we held hands when we went to the bar and treat me to another pitcher of my favorite drink. We held hands when we went to the restroom together. We found a corner and danced in the dark. Our bodies, getting closer and closer, our faces closer too. We talked, check each other out every now and then if everything was still ok. We stared at each other's eyes. Then I closed mine and danced, I just felt the music controlling me. I felt my heartbeat. My mind was swirling, I am tipsy too. When I opened them, and wished he was still looking at me, he was, at the same time, smiling at me. Oh, that eyes. It burned my soul.

Suddenly the world stopped. It was only me and him. I moved my head closer to his, closer, closer, eyes still locked on each other. I closed my eyes once again and I felt his lips onto mine.
A kiss. My knees shook. I had to hold onto him. I enclosed my arms around his waist and he did the same. We kissed. I sucked his lips, so soft, I tasted his mouth, I lightly sucked his tongue, my breathing erratic. I can't hear a thing, believe me.

The music went silent, I can't see the crowd. I only saw him right there in front of me.
Then it was over, our lips parted, the noise came back, the roaring crowd was there again. He smiled and that's all it took for me to assure that everything was not a dream. That I am really there, in the corner, with a great guy, the person whom I had the BIGGEST CRUSH, and dancing the night away.

I told our lady friend, I could die! She laughed of course, ha, ha, ha! I was kidding. I told her too that I will remember the moment for the rest of my life. She said, that it was too much, and laughed again.


Nevertheless, I had one very special moment. I could never replace that in my heart and in my mind. The feeling, the heartbeat, the kiss, the moment the world stopped for me, the very first time I felt the world stopped for me. The very first time my knees shook upon kissing a guy and I will remember, will always remember for the rest of my life.

"Music, makes the people, come together, yeah!"

3 Comments:

Blogger jaye said...

whatever feelings you have for this ULTIMATE CRUSH of yours, nurture it...

Just remember that this comes once in a lifetime and be very sure that everything else is clear from the very start..

It wouldn't hurt to pray and ask for guidance...and maybe ask a friend about things he/she has in mind..

Goodluck in your journey...

3:00 PM  
Blogger SPINMEISTER said...

kainggit!

7:34 AM  
Blogger SPINMEISTER said...

b

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home