Friday, May 11, 2007

Coming Out


I sent an email to my relatives through our yahoo group yesterday. The email contained a message of outing and a link to this blog site.

I told my relatives that it is time to get to know the real me.
You see , I am out to my siblings and mom, friends and colleagues.
But not really with my relatives, uncles, aunties, cousins and all. I feel that it is just as fair to let them know.


When I joined Mr. Gay Philippines, it is also my way of telling them. I took a risk there, and so far all am getting are warm welcome from people.


I still am waiting for any response from them. I only hope that it will be a positive one.

In any case, it doesn't matter really.

Though it would be nice knowing that they are fine about it.

I am still the same nephew and cousin they knew through the years.
My orientation has nothing to do with them. It is mine alone.

I just want to be totally free to be myself and let the light shine ever so brigthly inside my closet.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark Xander said...

Props to your bravery! I've been out for so long I don't remember the last time I saw a vagina. LOL.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crossing my fingers for you

- Shazam!

1:34 PM  
Blogger KCL said...

Hi Kuya Jon!

I didn't get to see you on TV but I somehow I knew. =)

It's always a struggle getting the nod of people around us, esp. family. It takes great courage revealing who you really are. We won't be able to please everybody but other people's opinion about us should just be secondary. The important thing is you're happy.

I just wanted to say that I'm very happy for you and I hope that everybody else feels the same way.

Here's wishing you great happiness and success in your future endeavors.

God bless you.

Cheers!
Kendee

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a brave act you did. I hope I can do that too in the near future.

11:25 AM  
Blogger rmacapobre said...

bon courage

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nainggit naman ako sa situation mo....you are a lucky one!!!

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home