Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ghost Whisperer







I am really in the mood for DVD marathon lately, after viewing 9 episodes of Supernatural season 2, I went on with Jennifer Love Hewitt's Ghost Whisperer.




Melinda Gordon (Jennifer) is a young wife who has this gift of seeing spirits of people who died but not yet crossed over. She helped these spirits finished their "unfinished" business so that both the spirit and the people they left behind could go on. The series touches a lot of emotions, I for one can't help shed a tear or two.

I can only recall my father who died 8 years ago and I wonder whether he is at peace now.
Though I certainly believe he is, but I still get to have this feeling that he is around (which I wish) for there are a lot of things I would like to tell him.

You see, my father and I had this wall between us. That no matter how he breaks them, I keep on building it. It was the ONLY REGRET in my life. I didn't have the chance to tell him HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM and HOW PROUD I AM THAT I AM HIS SON.


He was a
policeman, a good one at that. Honorable, kind, yet stern. Loving, yet strict. I was a rebel, always doing things that I believe was right and which was totally against his belief.

That was our conflict.
But everything was replaced with missing and longing when he was gone. I miss his presence. I miss making coffee for him and fetching the morning paper. I miss him coming home late at night with "pasalubong" at hand and he would wake up everybody and we would share it. I miss our arguements. I miss him so much. I long for his words of wisdom. I long for his embrace. It is his birthday on Friday, May 18. He would be 59, I think.

I can't forget the last time we had a moment. He is kind of tipsy from a drinking session with his friends at our garage in our house in Tondo. He went inside for the restroom, but before going to the restroom, he has to pass by the living room where I was watching TV. He stopped in the middle of the room and called me.

"Jon, anak." smiling at me.
"Po."
"Lika nga rito, halika dito." he said.
I stood up, kinda irritated cause I am watching a favorite show. I approached him.
When I was about a foot away from him, he raised his arms and put his hands over my shoulders.

"Anak, ang laki-laki mo na. Parang kailan lang. Ang bilis ng panahon." I just smiled.
Then he hugged me tight. Kissed
my forehead.
"Lam mo ba, ikaw ang panganay ko? Ikaw ang kaganapan ng aking pagkatao. Yung mga kapatid mo? Dumating na lang yan para may makasama ka. Pero ikaw ang bumuo sa aking pagkatao." He hugged me again and let me go.

He then smiled at me and went to the restroom.
I was left there standing for a while, waiting for it to sink in. But it did not. I fought it. I went back to watching my favorite show.

A few weeks later. He died.


We had that moment. I let it pass by. I still cry when I recall that moment. That was the last time felt his warmth.


If only I knew a Melinda who could see spirits, I would give anything just to have another chance to talk with my father, for I would really like to let him know how I love him.

They say, we can only know the worth of a person when that person is gone and I learned that one should never let a moment pass by without letting them know how much they meant to you.


The Ghost Whisperer tackle these issues, and Melissa connects people and spirits for the last time before letting healing comes in. I do would like to know if he really is happy now and at peace. I can only wait for a clue. It is only then that I can really let go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can see dat u really missed ur dad & let opportunities passed by.. me think dat the best thing one can do for a dead peraon is to pray that his soul goes back to the creator and there be happy

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home