Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I Remember The Boy, But I Don't Remember The Feeling

If you loved a guy and share with him your life for quite sometime. What happens when the relationship ends?

I remember the very first time. It's as if he was your whole world.
I remember the times when we both struggle from day to day.
Sharing what little we have. But that doesn't matter because all you knew was you are happy sharing the hard times together.

And the good times are a blast.
But things started to change. I may never change things, the hurts and the pains. But I loved, and never gave up. I never gave up.

Soon it was over. Now as I look back, it still haunts me, I can still remember, but I don't want to feel this way again. So today I will still remember, but only the boy and never the feelings anymore.

I remember the boy...

Today I heard them play the song again, an old familiar strain from way back when. Every note and every line, has always been a favorite song of mine.
It used to hunt me so some years ago, reminds me of a boy I used to know. And although the melody lives on, the memories and the boy are all but gone.

So while the song still brings that certain glow and world still sings of love I know.
It isn't quite the way it was before. I remember the boy, but I don't remember the feeling anymore.

The promises we made seemed easier then, as if we knew our love would never end. But seasons change and time erases the tears as swiftly as the rivers disappear.

I remember the boy, but I don't remember the feeling.
I remember the boy, but I don't remember the feeling, anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home